Better engaging smallholders with the private sector: blended finance or blended development??
A lunchtime Seminar by Tony Simons, Director General of the World Agroforestry Centre
Meeting Date: Friday 23 March 2018, 12.30 to 13.30
Venue: Gorta-Self Help Africa Office – Kingsbridge House, 17-22 Parkgate St, Dublin 8
The Irish Forum for International Agricultural Development (IFIAD), is pleased to invite you to a lunchtime Seminar by Tony Simons, Director General of the World Agroforestry Centre, on the topic of “Better engaging smallholders with the private sector: blended finance or blended development?”. Read Tony Simon’s biography here.
A light lunch will be provided at the end of the session.
Please register by sending an email to Isabella.Rae@selfhelpafrica.org
- Identify knowledge gaps in research and agriculture for development
- Identify and disseminate demand-driven guidance on good practice
- Share and disseminate relevant findings from national and international sources
- Organize conferences, workshops, symposia on selected thematic areas
- Provide a learning platform for researchers, policy makers and practitioners alike
- Build a collaborative network of researchers interested in agricultural development in middle and low-income countries
- Enable the development of research groups that address factors that impact on the positive delivery of results in agriculture development programmes
- Commission research projects as appropriate
- Link members to capacity building opportunities in different technical areas
- Develop contributions to policy and / or technical dialogues taking place at national and international level
- Contribute to the evidence base on the best approaches to addressing agriculture-driven development
- Participate in relevant policy / best practice debates at national and international level
- Facilitate communication between members
- Develop and maintain a database of network members expertise
- Promote the Forum and its activities to agencies with an interest in agricultural development
- Facilitate the formation of long-term links between policy and research institutions in middle and low-income countries
- Engage with other networks and enter into collaborative arrangements as appropriate