Global Hunger Today – Challenges and Solutions
IFIAD’s member UCC will be hosting a Conference on Global Hunger Today – Challenges and Solutions, on May 10th and 11th in connection with the National Famine Commemoration which this year takes place in UCC on 12th May.
The Conference will see the participation of Shenggen Fan (IFPRI) and the Ethiopian Minister of Agriculture.
Click here for more details and the schedule
Click here to register
Better engaging smallholders with the private sector: blended finance or blended development??
A lunchtime Seminar by Tony Simons, Director General of the World Agroforestry CentreThe Irish Forum for International Agricultural Development (IFIAD), was pleased to host a lunchtime Seminar by Tony Simons, Director General of the World Agroforestry Centre, on the topic of “Better engaging smallholders with the private sector: blended finance or blended development?” on Friday 23rd March 2018. Read about the seminar.
- Identify knowledge gaps in research and agriculture for development
- Identify and disseminate demand-driven guidance on good practice
- Share and disseminate relevant findings from national and international sources
- Organize conferences, workshops, symposia on selected thematic areas
- Provide a learning platform for researchers, policy makers and practitioners alike
- Build a collaborative network of researchers interested in agricultural development in middle and low-income countries
- Enable the development of research groups that address factors that impact on the positive delivery of results in agriculture development programmes
- Commission research projects as appropriate
- Link members to capacity building opportunities in different technical areas
- Develop contributions to policy and / or technical dialogues taking place at national and international level
- Contribute to the evidence base on the best approaches to addressing agriculture-driven development
- Participate in relevant policy / best practice debates at national and international level
- Facilitate communication between members
- Develop and maintain a database of network members expertise
- Promote the Forum and its activities to agencies with an interest in agricultural development
- Facilitate the formation of long-term links between policy and research institutions in middle and low-income countries
- Engage with other networks and enter into collaborative arrangements as appropriate